PRIVATE ONE-TO-ONE LIVE LESSON with Darren Kramer
…tailored to your needs:
Category: Trombone, Jazz or Ableton (Music Technology)
Length: 30 Min or 60 Min
Platform: In Person (Live) or Zoom (Online)
Day & Time: Contact Darren to Schedule Lesson
$40-$75. This service is not included with a monthly membership plan.
You’ll need the appropriate application (Zoom) installed on a smartphone, tablet or computer with a good internet connection, built-in webcam for video interaction and/or built-in mic for audio sound.
BUY LIVE LESSON with Red “Add to Cart” Button Above!
To schedule a one-on-one lesson or session with Darren Kramer simply pre-pay in advance and then contact Darren to schedule lesson time. Policies
Please keep in mind that due to heavy demand for these limited time slots, all payments are final. There are no refunds, no rescheduling, and no discount for scheduling multiple lessons.
After Your Purchase:
• You will be emailed a confirmation receipt of date and time of your Live Lesson after completing purchase.
• You will then be contacted via phone 15 min before your first Zoom Lesson to ensure that your device, mic and video are all working properly so that technical issues don’t overshadow your valuable lesson time.
My Zoom Setup
- Quality Audio – Clean clear stereo feed of my speaking voice and all Ableton/keyboard/trombone audio using Ableton Live, pro mics, a pro hardware interface, and a 3rd party virtual interface app called Loopback.
- Quality Video – Clear, glitch-free 1080p 30fps video multicam feed featuring three simultaneous views for optimal learning 1. FACE for speaking and playing trombone with pro web cam 2. Electric Trombone DJ rig with second overhead webcam (MIDI 49 Keyboard, iPad Lemur App, Ableton Push 2) 3. Computer fullscreen desktop apps (Ableton Live, SeeMusic keyboard illumination, playalong videos, instructional PDFs, etc) on additional shared screen in Zoom
- Quality Interaction – I can do a simply one-to-one lesson as well as multiple attendee workshops of up to 100 attendees. I’ve recently done high school virtual performances, university clinics and Ableton User Group workshops. All attendees joined meeting and simply asked questions with their voices, but can also use type chat and share links within Zoom.
These Things are Required for Quality Zoom Livestream for Music (from the presenters side)
- Use a Computer – Phones and tablets are limited regarding processing power, especially with regards to audio
- Internet Speed – Min 5mbps UPLOAD speed and also have ethernet cable plugged directly into your computer. I just upgrade on 4/15/20 to Comcast Gigabit 1000mbps download and 35mbps upload. It works great!
- Hard Wired Ethernet Connection – Don’t rely on wifi connection, plug in your computer directly to your router
- Updated Software – Computer operating software, Zoom app, device firmware, etc
- Use “Zoom” App – Current version of app with optimal audio/video settings (see attached)
- Buy “Zoom Pro” Plan – Buy plan so meetings can be more than 40 min and involved up to 100 participants
- DAW for Music Sounds – Ableton, Logic, Pro Tools, etc for routing inst mics, guitars, MIDI keyboards, etc
- Talk Mic – Quality physical speaking mic you plug into an audio interface (not built-in computer mic and not even a cheap USB mic). This close proximity of sound source to mic omits loud room acoustics.
- Instrument Mic – Another separate mic set up to record your instrument sound.
- Audio Interface – Plug your mic into a real separate piece of hardware such as a mixer or audio interface. (Not the built-in computer mixer in computer sound preferences.)
- “Loopback” Software – allows you to combine multiple audio sources on your computer before sending to Zoom. Required if you want to have talking mic and any additional mic or sound source for instrument.
- Lighting – Even soft lighting for clear video with no shadows or pixelating visual noise.
- Headphones – For direct clean listening to yourself and others while minimizing reverberation of the room you are in.(optional)
- OBS Software – This live-streaming software is a free application which allows pro “scenes” and “transitions” between them for custom views and logos/text. A stream is required to broadcast on services like FB and YouTube.